So it is the 3rd week of weight lifting and getting back at it, in the gym. As I have mentioned before in my previous entries, pushing myself at the gym is the number one thing. It is the only way that I will be able to get back the body that I had before, along with being consistent with diet and exercise. So this post is just to log my lifts and compare them to the previous lifts.
I just want to mention that because the weights in the UK are in kgs, it is really hard to get the exact weight in pounds as it’s a 2.25 difference, so the number is nearly a whole number. So I try my best to round it off to the number I think is the most associated with its’ reference in pounds. I also do this based on my experience with lifting weights for over a decade, where I can have a pretty good idea of how much the weights actually weigh, compared to the pounds I am accustom to.
My workout today was back and biceps, instead of the back and triceps that I logged previously. I think I will start training back with biceps and alternate it over a period of time just as a mix up. Or switch it up depending on how I feel.
– Lat pulldowns: 45 kg (100lbs) x 10 and 50 kg (110 lbs) x 4 (I went up by 5 kg and made it for 4 reps.)
– One arm bent over rows: 22 kg (50 lbs) x 8 for 2 working sets (last time it was 18 kgs (40 lbs))
– Barbell bent over rows: 40 kg (90 lbs) x 10 (I didn’t do these last time but I am definitely incorporating them into my workouts)
– EZ bar curls: 10 kg (20 lbs) x 10 for 3 sets and 15 kg (35 lbs) x 5 (I went up in strength in this lift)
– Concentration curls: 12 kg (25 lbs) x 6
– Hammer curls: 14 kg (30 lbs) x 10
– Barbell bench press: 135 lbs x 4 (up by 20 lbs as it was 115 lbs prior)
– Chest press with plates: 135 lbs x 4 (I didn’t do this exercise before so I don’t have anything to reference but this is an awesome workout after a barbell bench press to really isolate the workout, so I will continue to do these in the future)
– Incline dumbbell bench press: 20 kgs (45 lbs) x 5
– Dumbbell butterflies: 10 kg (25 lbs) x 10
– Behind head one arm triceps extension: 9 kg (20 lbs) x 5
– Machine behind head triceps extensions: 30 kg (65 lbs) x 10
– One arm angled triceps machine extension: 10 kg (25 lbs) x 8
Zoo – CBS Cancelled Animal Apocalypse TV Series – Review Next Post:
Doing well on the OBGYN NBME